Friday, May 6, 2016

This is my first time posting for my Famous Last Words and since this is my last week for this class it actually fits perfectly. However, since it is the last week for this class, there were not any readings for me to read. So instead, I decided to do some reading on my own. I have loved reading for as long as I can remember. It’s important or me to set aside time in my weeks to be able to go somewhere quiet and read one of my books. My favorite books to read for fun are the Harry Potter series. I’ve read the entire series all the way through at least five times. It just never gets old to me.  Every time I read the books I have questions forming in my head and I try to think about different ways the author might have written it. Before this class, I would never have questioned J.K. Rowling.

Harry Potter Books
(Source: Wikipedia)

            I’ve said in previous blogs that I do not consider myself a writer and usually have a problem with the words flowing and completing the amount of words needed for the assignment. This class, however, helped get me over the hump of those troubles. I find it easier to write and not second-guess what I’m about to write. Just putting my thoughts on paper immediately definitely helped in the class along with my other classes, especially my final paper for capstone.
            What I enjoyed most about this class was reading other people’s stories. It was incredible to see their creativity and ideas. Seeing their work actually helped me in mine. It made me pay more attention to detail and to give more detail in my own writing. I also found that everyone has their own style and through the weeks, their styles advanced and grew. I even noticed it in my own writing. I wish I could go back and add more but I know I have learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment