Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Reading

Throughout the class I was able to read a ton of different stories. My favorite part was being able to read stories that I haven’t read since I was a child. As an adult I read those same stories but with a different outlook. The stories I enjoyed most were the ones related to Disney movies I have watched. I loved being able to compare and contrast the two.

What I found most helpful for the reading diary assignments was to read through all of the stories and then pick my favorites. It worked better for me to figure out the overall plot of the story first and find out the important parts of each. Then I found it helpful to hone in on a particular character and put them center-stage. These things helped when I did the storytelling assignment.

I thought the balance between the three was a little off. I thought there was definitely more writing than reading. However, I thought all of the writing has helped me in my other classes. My writing flows better and it’s easier for me to write on any topic.


My best advice for future students would be to not wait to the last second! I did that almost the entire semester and it’s definitely not smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment