Friday, May 6, 2016

Learning Challenge - Trying the Pomodoro Technique

I decided to try the Pomodoro Technique for my last Learning Challenge. I chose it mainly because I had final assignments due in my other classes and thought it would be the perfect thing. I think I have actually seen one of the tomato timers a long time ago, but I was completely clueless as to its use. So, although I didn't have a tomato timer to use, I used the Google Timer.

Tomato Timer
(Source: Wikipedia)


While doing this strategy on one of my assignments, I realized I was more focused. I was more focused because I knew I was actually on a timer. Plus, I knew I would get a break in 25 minutes. I only took a 3-5 minute break which was really all I needed to begin again. After my break, I actually looked forward to getting back to my work. Using the 25 minutes as a slight teaser to me made me want to get back and actually finish my homework. This strategy is one I know I will be using in the future and tell other people about.


No comments:

Post a Comment